In the third encyclical of his pontificate, Pope Francis invites the Church to live out the call to universal fraternity and social friendship. Fratelli Tutti offers “a way of life marked by the flavor of the Gospel” (no. 1) and shares a vision for humanity that Pope Francis has emphasized throughout his papacy. (usccb.org)
Our Lady of Perpetual Help invites you to join us for a presentation and discussion on this impactful encyclical! We will meet for seven consecutive weeks beginning in April 2021 to unpack and discuss this document. Participants have the option of joining us in-person at Our Lady of Perpetual Help or online via Zoom. COVID-19 precautions will be in place for those attending in-person.
Moderators: Sister Nancy Miller and David J. Frea
Format: In-person at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Life Center and online via Zoom
Dates/Times: Thursdays April 8 – May 20, 6:30 pm – 8 pm.
- Thursday, April 8 Preview/Introduction to Fratelli Tutti [6:30 – 7 pm approximately]
- Thursday, April 15 Chapter 1: Dark Clouds Over a Closed World
- Thursday, April 22 Chapter 2: A Stranger on the Road
- Thursday, April 29 Chapter 3: Envisaging & Engendering an Open World
and Chapter 4: A Heart Open to the Whole World
- Thursday, May 6 Chapter 5: A Better Kind of Politics
and Chapter 6: Dialogue and Friendship in Society
- Thursday, May 13 Chapter 7: Paths of Renewed Encounter
- Thursday, May 20 Chapter 8: Religions at the Service of Fraternity in our World
Participants are asked to register by emailing FratelliTutti@OurLadyOfPerpetualHelp.net. COVID-19 precautions will be in place with limited seating, so please indicate if attending in-person or virtual. Then, download or purchase the encyclical from the links below!
If you have questions or would like more information about this presentation, please contact us!