In yesterday’s Diocesan virtual retreat, the Gift of Holy Week, Father Michael Kelly encouraged us all to create a prayer space in our homes. This is exactly what Mrs. Dilley, our Catechesis of the Good Shepherd coordinator encouraged us to do at the beginning of this pandemic. In case you missed her video, here it is again!
We have absolutely loved seeing all of the photos you all have been sending in of your home prayer spaces! If you haven’t made a home prayer space yet, Holy Week is the perfect time. Father Kelly recommends including:
- A crucifix, or your bible, or an icon or photo of Jesus
- Candles—Father Kelly says to use what you have! Yankee candles, birthday candles, Christmas candles are all fine. Use what you can find in your homes and be creative.
- Cloth of liturgical colors (purple, red, or white). Do you have a bandana, scarf, or even an old t-shirt that you could turn inside out?
Check out some of our creative parishioner’s home prayer spaces below, and send us your own photos!
Please consider tuning into the Diocesan retreat today and tomorrow as well. The broadcast information is as follows:
Leader: Father Michael Kelly, Director of Spiritual Formation, Pontifical College Josephinum
- Broadcasts each day at 4 pm and 7 pm on St. Gabriel Radio, 820 AM, Columbus, and 88.3 FM, Portsmouth
- Live-stream at 1 p.m. on www.columbuscatholic.org, Diocesan Facebook page, and Diocesan YouTube Channel
Monday, April 6 – Our Response to This Particular Holy Week
Tuesday, April 7 – The Evil that Challenged the Last Supper
Wednesday, April 8 – The Blessed Virgin Mary Guiding Us Through Holy Week
If you con’t catch the live broadcast, you can always watch the video later on the Diocesan YouTube Channel. We wish you all a very blessed Holy Week!