In light of the latest statements from Governor DeWine and Bishop Brennan, the following are now in effect at Our Lady of Perpetual Help:
- Mass, Confessions, Stations of the Cross, and 7 am Liturgy of the Hours will continue as scheduled.
- All other events, activities, and meetings on campus, including Fish Frys, will be suspended for the next three weeks.
- Our practice of having prayer partners during Mass will be suspended for the next three weeks to promote social distancing protocols.
Please also note that the Ohio Conference of Bishops has given a dispensation for the obligation to attend Mass on Sunday.
“…We dispense the Catholic faithful who reside in Ohio and all other Catholics currently in Ohio from the obligation of attending Sunday Mass for the weekends of March 14-15, March 21-22 and March 28-29.
Out of charity and concern for our brothers and sisters in Christ, we encourage all the faithful, in particular those who are sick, experiencing symptoms of illness, or are at risk of illness seriously to consider refraining from Mass attendance.”
You can read the Bishops’ full statement here.
We hope to still provide some online interaction and learning opportunities during this difficult time. Please stay tuned for details. In the meantime, we would like to recommend the following activities:
- Please take some time to pray for this difficult situation, and especially for all of those who are suffering from illness and disease.
- Visit formed.org for great faith learning opportunities. We recommend the Forgiven series (https://watch.formed.org/forgiven), which is great for Lent.
- Watch our Facebook page for updates. We will release information about our online plans for the next few weeks as soon as we can!
God bless all of you,
Father Michael Lumpe and Father Jim Colopy